Saturday 29 October 2011

29th October 2011



We had a fantastic night out. The theme was "the boat that rocks" 70's night. The girls went down to Kutz and co Barry for a bit of hair styling. They looked brilliant. It was in aid of Velindre Hospital and held in The Bear Hotel. We danced the night away, all the moves came flooding, back John Travolta watch out!

                                        The Thom Family... fully trained egg collectors.

We had a lovely family stay at Sutton Mawr over the half term break.  We got them fully trained, so they were collecting, packing and stamping the eggs!



This morning woke up to no water. Called welsh water, who very politely told me, its nothing to do with them. Our water main crosses under another farmer field to the main road. All in all ,its about 200 mtrs. As the man from welsh water said "finding a burst pipe in that lot, is like looking for a nettle in a haystack". He advised me to lay a new water main. This would mean digging up the farmers field, which has recently been seeded. The farmer  Edward Thomas kindly shot  over and we sorted out a route. I ordered the digger....


Well luckily we found it!  I had to dig the area out, which resulted in me getting very dirty and wet. After finding the problem, I was a bit stuck so I had to refer matters to my very patient neighbour Martyn David (plumbing expert) who directed me through the whole process.


In addition to this  BT arrived for the 5th time to sort out our telephone line as our broadband has been down for the last month. Vicci has being going nuts. I have wasted hours on the phone to Sky. We have had a new modem, new power supply, new filter, some rewiring of the internal phone lines.

But today they find the real problem. When I  was giving the house a haircut as it was covered in ivy and goodness know what else, I accidently nicked the phone line with the hedge trimmer!  It is always my fault.....


Anyway we are now with water and broadband, Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment