Monday 16 January 2012

15th January Hobbs Bakery Course



Vicci went on a Hobbs House bakery course today.  She decided last year as she had started making bread every morning for our guests to see if she could improve her baking skills.  But the courses had a waiting list probably due to the fact that Tom along with Henry have been very busy with their new tv series on channel 4 Wednesday 8.30 pm The Fabulous Baker Boys, I have to admit to not seeing thwe first 2 episodes but will now be avidly watching!  In the meantime I brought the hobb house bakery pack a complete home lesson with DVD which was great really easy to follow until I thought I had killed my sourdough starter. So when they rang to say they had a place I decided to go along for some bread advice. The day was very enjoyable and definately worth going to to really get to grips with the basics of bread making and give your confidence.
And hopefully our guests can look forward to some exciting new loafs on the breakfast table.
Watch out for Tom and Henry Herbert.  Henry cooked a very delicous leg of jacob lamb for lunch the same breed we rear I urge you to try jacob lamb if you can it is quite special.  Looking forward to going to the new Hobbs House Butcher Henry runs in Chipping Sodbury next time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment